Bexar County Arts Intern Program
In collaboration with the Bexar County Arts Intern Program, the Woodlawn Theatre is pleased to accept applications for a full-time, 10-week paid summer internship, beginning June 4, 2018, through August 10, 2018. The purpose of this internship is to give undergraduate students meaningful on-the-job training and experience working with a nonprofit arts organization, as well as to foster future leaders and advocates for the arts sector in Bexar County.
Under the supervision of the WAPA Executive Director and Program Directors, the intern will be immersed in the day-to-day activities required to run a performing arts endeavor, giving the individual a comprehensive, "behind the scenes" understanding of the commitment required and skills necessary to support performing arts productions and performing arts education.
Among the duties will be:
Assisting faculty with classes
- Leading warm up
- Running scenes, lines, music and choreography
- Guiding students on individual monologues and or partner work
- Offer assessment and critique of student performances
- Help students with craft project ie; prop building, costume design, playbill design, etc
Assisting staff with administrative and maintenance duties
- Checking students in and out on arrival/dismissal
- Monitor and clean up at lunch/snack time
- Assemble music books, scripts
- Organization tasks as needed
Assist in production of camp show
This may include any of the following:
- Backstage managing, ticket sales, ushering, costume change help, makeup application, set moving, spotlight operation, prop management
To be eligible, applicants must be undergraduate college students who are Bexar County residents, attending a college or university in Bexar County or attending a college outside of the county as long as the student is a resident of Bexar County and can show proof of the same. Students who have already earned a bachelor's degree are ineligible. Selected intern must pass a background check prior to working with students.
Application and materials must be submitted NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, MAY 4TH.
1. Prepare a RESUME of theatre and/or related experience.
2. Prepare TWO (2) LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION from professionals and/or educators familiar with your experience and skills. Please include the following information:
a. How you know the applicant, and for how long have you known him/her
b. The applicant's level of interest and potential for a career in theatre arts
c. The applicant's work ethic, ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure, etc.
NOTE: Letters of Recommendation, if not uploaded to this site, may be e-mailed separately to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. One (1) page PERSONAL STATEMENT detailing why you are applying for this internship, what you hope to gain AND contribute to the experience, and your current career goals.
For more information, please contact Carla Sankey at email@example.com. The Woodlawn Theatre does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, condition of physical or mental disability, marital status, or political affiliation.