The primary role of the Marketing Director is to translate the vision for the programs and productions at Woodlawn Theatre and Woodlawn Academy for the Performing Arts. The Marketing Director is responsible for developing marketing tactics including but not limited to; social media outreach, public relations, advertising, promotional activities, email marketing, video production, and photography.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand Woodlawn Theatre’s programs, productions, mission, and objectives
- Develop a yearly Marketing & Sales Plan and Budget Proposal
- Develop effective and efficient marketing campaigns for musical productions, workshops, and other organization initiatives while ensuring the Woodlawn Theatre brand remains integrated in all promotional collateral
- Determine the channel(s) best suited to achieve campaign objectives, including but not limited to traditional marketing (TV, radio, print, OOH, direct mail), digital marketing (online, email, social), public relations, sponsorships and/or events
- Deploy marketing campaigns in a timely and professional manner; adjusts to short-term realities while ensuring long-term goals and objectives are met.
- Oversee campaign production and deployment to ensure quality, timing and cost objectives are achieved
- Utilize insights gained from campaign results and marketing research to determine next steps
- Track and maintain campaign and yearly budgets, reporting as necessary
- Create assignments and expectations for Marketing Coordinator and ensure he/she stays on task
- Recruit and manage departmental volunteers or interns
- Participate in intradepartmental communications, staff meetings, and show production meetings as appropriate
- Represent the organization in the community, coordinate and participate in promotional events
- Provide support for development director initiatives, theatre services, theatre rental, phone sales, educational, and organization activities and projects as needed
- Effectively coordinate and manage key tactical relationships with third-party agencies, vendors, and media outlets
- Manage marketing department assets including printer, cameras, external hard drives, merchandise POS system, and more
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Theater/entertainment/destination marketing a plus
- Proven experience and expertise in social media, email and online marketing
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, and Publisher
- Knowledge of content creation, marketing design, and campaign development
- Thrives as a self-starter but also works well with team members
- Proven ability to develop relationships with industry professionals
- Excellent organizational skills and keen attention to detail, and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, solve problems, and schedule work efficiently
- Willingness to take on any tasks with flexibility and creativity
- Knowledge of ticket sales and box office management is a plus
- Extraordinary customer service ethic
- Salaried position, requires 40 hours weekly
- 9am-5pm (Flexible)
- Tuesday – Saturday (Flexible, some evenings and full weekends may be required)
- Email Cover Letter and Resume to Executive/Artistic Director, Christopher Rodriguez: email@example.com
Woodlawn Theatre Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to be fair and impartial to all employees and applicants for employment and to make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, disability or any other categories protected by federal, state, or local law.